In order to clean your kitchen as fast and efficiently as possible, it is important to have a cleaning plan-do list and the necessary tools. It is even better to have a plan and guide for keeping your kitchen clean at all times. This will save you the time and effort doing the deep kitchen cleaning too often. Here are some tips to keep your kitchen clean fast.
On a daily basis, you need to get into the habit of:
- Always rinse and wipe the sink after doing the dishes or using it. This takes only a few seconds, but will ensure that your sink is nice and shiny at all times.
- Wipe the cooktop while it is still warm after using it. Use a cleaning solution if necessary. This can be done for a minute, and will save you from the scrubbing and deal with the greasy and burnt food residue accumulating on your stovetop.
- Wipe all the kitchen countertops and the kitchen table. This too will take you about minute tops.
- Take a couple of minutes to wipe or vacuum the kitchen floor from any crumbs, food and other dirt. This will help keep the kitchen sanitized, healthy and nice looking.
On a weekly basis, you always need to:
- Mop the floor and disinfect it. The safest and most natural way are to use warm water with vinegar. This will take you no longer than 5 minutes and will keep your kitchen nice, clean and germ-free.
- Take about 10 minutes of your time to give all backsplashes, tiles, appliances and cabinets from any splashes and other residues. Once again you can spray them with the water and vinegar solution or use a multi-purpose cleaner.
- Make sure you wash and disinfect the dish rack once a week, to keep it from the nasty scum and residue accumulation, and this should take no more than 4 minutes.
- Wash or wipe the inside of your garbage can. This is one item which is often overlooked during cleaning and can actually accumulate quite a bit of residue, dirt, germs and can even attract pests.
Kitchen cleaning tasks which need to be done at least once in every 4 months:
- Deep clean the refrigerator by removing everything from inside, washing all shelves, racks, drawers and everything. This can be done in about 30 minutes.
- Empty the utensil drawers and clean them. This will take no longer than 15 minutes.
- Degrease and clean the oven hood, you can soak it in a water and vinegar solution first.