The European Cleaning Journal (ECJ) has announced the launch of the new professional cleaning awards program for Europe. The first awards ceremony will take place in Madrid on September 29th. According to the organisers, it is established to celebrate the excellence in the cleaning industry sector.
The cleaning industry of Europe is a vital one, especially for the health, well-being, and presentation of people and businesses. Moreover, in Europe, millions of people work in the cleaning industry sector.
The ECJ wants to award the leaders in the sector and provide recognition for their success, innovations and for promoting the highest standards in the industry.
The award dinner will celebrate the top successful companies in the industry and the awards will be given in 10 categories. The winners will be voted for by a panel of top experts in the cleaning industry.
The award categories include:
- The best use of technology for cleaning
- Top commitment to investments in training
- Excellence in partnerships (with clients and partners)
- Excellence in value added initiatives of distributors
- Sustainability – the bets practice in principles implementation throughout the business
- Workforce – leaders in relationships with employees, diversity, inclusion, internal award programs for the employees, etc.
- Leading initiative for raising the image of the cleaning sector on a local or bigger level
- Top ground-breaking technological innovation in the cleaning sector for the year
- The most inspirational leader in the sector for 2016
- Leading individual contribution for topping the standards of excellence in a cleaning operation
- Lifetime achievement award – given by Ceris Burns International
The award dinner will be preceded by a number of round-table discussions and a conference organised by the ISSA worldwide cleaning association.
Hopefully, the awards will act as positive stimuli to all companies and organisations in the sector, to constantly improve their work, raise their standards, and move forward with the latest technologies in the area.
The European Cleaning Journal is the leading source of information for the cleaning industry in Europe. It is a bi-monthly journal. Not only does this publication carry vital information for all those involved in the sector, but it encourages cooperation between the cleaning businesses throughout Europe.
Since we all acknowledge the importance of the cleaning industry for each and every one of us, it seems absolutely worthwhile to have such an award tradition, in order to properly recognise the achievements of the leaders in the sector and the top achievements for the year. Hopefully, the awards dinner in Madrid will be the first of many to come.