Sometimes, we do stupid moves or we get ourselves into very absent-minded accidents. Eventually, we can harm things we love – like our domestic carpet that we clean so regularly and so attentively each week. And we see it full of ink stains all over it, it seems that we will never have it back. Nothing like that! There are several ways for you to try and to get rid of the ink stains on your carpet. We will tell you all about them right away…So get your carpet out of the basement, you might repair it in few hours!
Removing a fresh ink stain from a carpet. When the stain has been recently done, it is possible to be able to remove it on your own – and with harmless materials at hand, but not with commercial products or cleaning services. This is the case, when the stain has existed for several hours, for instance, and the substance has not stuck into the carpet fibers yet. See what to do with the fresh ink stain on a carpet now:
- What you need: a clean cloth, 100 ml alcohol, including vodka, lukewarm water, and a sponge
- How to act: at first, dab the stain with a clean cloth and the alcohol. You don`t need to press or to scrub. The material might damage or fade away due to the alcohol. Then, get a sponge and gently wash the stain with lukewarm water once again
- In the end, you can add more alcohol to the stain and scrub gently with the sponge
What if the ink stain on the carpet is dry and old? Well, it will be a little bit more difficult for you, but you can do it – you will be able to remove it! Here is the quick, but detailed tutorial how to deal with an old and dry ink stain on your rug:
- Prepare the cleansing solution: a quarter teacup of white vinegar, the same or a little bit less amount of lukewarm water, and few drops of alcohol and lemon juice. Make sure the mixture can be applied gently – without pouring – so better apply few in the beginning or simply use a spray bottle.
- Start washing the stain and make sure the area around the ink stain is also covered with the liquid remedy. It is possible for the ink to let inside the near area, too.
- Now, use the hair dryer to finally dry the carpet
- Apply then baking soda and let it remain like that for 10 minutes at least
- Then, take your vacuum cleaner and vacuum the baking soda of the carpet
- Now, the stain must be gone and you can again enjoy your home carpet!
If these methods don`t work for you, you can always turn to your local cleaning agent for some support. They have more drastic detergents and machinery to use. Besides, doesn`t your carpet worth it?