How to remove bad odour smell from your carpet?
Looking for the source of that nasty smell in your living room? Done with the cleaning of the kitchen carpet, but there is again some strange odour you cannot stand? Well, besides cleaning and stain removal, hovering and refreshing, your carpet might need some good deodorizing. Or at least, you need to get rid of that bad odour and if you have luck, besides the lack of it, you might also get a nice aroma, too!
Basic tips on bad odour removal of your carpet
Let`s start with basic guides for the anti-bad-smell procedure. With them, you can start your big war against the repulsive carpet smell. Here they are:
- Clean the carpet on a regular basis.
- Don`t underestimate any of the procedures – vacuuming and washing – because both have a significant meaning against the carpet bad odour
- Air the premises
- If a stain is made, you need to deal with it right away. First of all, you will guarantee yourself that you will be able to clean it. And second of all, old food stains usually smell quite badly…
- Never start carpet cleaning routine without good pre-treatment: sprinkle some baking soda in advance. Let the carpet for an hour like that. Now, vacuum the baking soda (alongside with the bad odour, grime and dust) off.
How to deodorize my carpet to remove the bad odour?
There are many ways to do so. The easiest one is to get a commercial deodorizer for your carpet. However, it might cost you a lot. Besides, these products are full of toxins and you don`t want to harm your kids or pet with them, do you? As alternatives, we can offer you the following deodorizing and anti-bad-odor approaches for a carpet:
- Insert nice-smelling essential oils in your homemade carpet cleaning solution. The smell of the lavender, for instance, is not only gorgeous but also suitable to suppress the bad odour.
- Get your old perfume you don`t want to use anymore. Spray on it right after the cleaning.
- Use citruses for better smell, when you clean stains: grapefruit or lemon juice
- Start washing the carpet with white vinegar. It has a very good absorbing function when it comes to bad smells. White vinegar neutralizes them all!
How to prepare a natural homemade deodorizer for a carpet?
It is also an awesome idea to have a deodorizer by hand. Spray it after cleaning and you will forget about the bad small forever. Here is one of the best natural carpet deodorizer recipes ever:
- What you need: 10 drops lemon juice, half more Lavender or tea tree essential oil and a pack of ammonia
- How to prepare: Place the essential oil inside the baking soda in a vessel. Then, pour the lemon juice and blend. Mix with 200 ml of water.
- Add the whole mixture to a spray bottle and spray all over the carpet!
Latest posts by Bethany Thomson (see all)
- Property Maintenance Checklist for Landlords Before Tenant Moves in - July 10, 2019
- How to Keep Carpets Clean with a Dog - April 9, 2019
- Best Flooring Nailer Brands: Top 5 Brands Rated - March 8, 2019