So, you are so lucky as to own a chalet bungalow at a nice place where you like to spend your vacations and weekends? If this is the case, then there is no need to remind you about the cleaning which your lovely bungalow requires, especially after a long period of time in which nobody has visited…
The task of cleaning the entire chalet bungalow at once seems like a horrible way to spend your first day or two of your vacation, so you can try handling the cleaning chores in a planned and slower fashion.
You should divide the chores to perform first, and those which you can delay in time for later. Here is a short step-by-step guide for getting your bungalow clean:
- First of all, make sure you give the entire bungalow and the terrace a good sweeping, vacuuming and/or washing to remove the accumulated dust and any dirt or residues.
- Then you should wipe the dust from the furniture, surfaces, entertainments systems and others.
- Now that you are done with removing the potentially harmful an allergenic dust and dirt, you can make sure that the beds are covered with new bedlinen, and that there are fresh towels, toilet paper and soap in the bathroom.
- You can stop for a moment to rest and enjoy your vacation time. But don’t get carried away because you will need to tackle the kitchen and any appliances in the kitchen which haven’t been cleaned or used in some time.
- When you get to the kitchen, make sure that the fridge is emptied of any rotten or expired foods and beverages. Clean all counter tops, wash the dishes and cutlery as well as pots and pans you will be using. This is necessary if you haven’t used them in a while, and even if they were washed the last time you visited, there could be dust and other residue accumulated.
- When you are done with the kitchen, you can go ahead and give the bathroom a nice scrubbing and sanitise with anti-microbial cleaners, so that you make sure that it is safe for use.
The key to easy cleaning of your bungalow is to make sure that you have washed all dishes, thrown out any food which is about to go bad, thrown out all garbage, and removed the bed linen and towels before you leave it. This will make your task easier next time you visit. The more often you visit – the less deep cleaning it will require.