You can plan and perform a deep cleaning of your bedroom, including all the dusting, washing, vacuuming, window and mirror washing and closet arranging at once, but it is much easier and effortless to perform these simple tasks on a regular basis to avoid performing a full deep cleaning of your bedroom too often.
Here are some simple tips to keep your bedroom looking tidy and clean at all times:
- Always make your bed right after you have your coffee, your morning run, morning shower, or right after what you usually engage with right after waking up. This will keep your bed nice and unruffled. The bedroom will look tidy and the bed cover will protect your bed linen from the dirt especially if you have fur babies who love cozying up in your bed while you are gone. This will take you no more than 2 minutes.
- Always take the time to fold or hang clothing or put it in the laundry basket right after you take it off. Plus, remember to put away the jewelry you remove. This will help keep your bedroom tidy and will make things easier to find.
- Take care to wipe the night table surface and remove any unneeded items from it. This should take you no longer than 30 seconds.
These are the tasks which you should perform once a week to keep your bedroom nice, clean and tidy:
- Change the sheets and pillow cases to remove all accumulated dead skin flakes which feed the dust mites in your bed. This will take you about 5-6 minutes.
- Give all surfaces a good dusting, including the top of shelves, doors, door and window frames, pictures, window sills and all surfaces. Remove the cobwebs. Depending on the size of your bedroom and the number of items you keep in it, this should take you 10-15 minutes per week.
- Vacuum, swipe the carpeting and mop the floor, including under the bed, which will take 5 minutes.
- Wipe and clean the light switches, doorknobs, remote controls (one minute).
- Vacuum and clean any air vents.
Once per 4 months, you need to perform the following tasks in order to keep your bedroom clean and healthy:
- Wash the windows from inside.
- Flip the mattress and if possible book a mattress deep cleaning.
- Wash the mattress pad and dust ruffle.
Latest posts by Bethany Thomson (see all)
- Property Maintenance Checklist for Landlords Before Tenant Moves in - July 10, 2019
- How to Keep Carpets Clean with a Dog - April 9, 2019
- Best Flooring Nailer Brands: Top 5 Brands Rated - March 8, 2019