Romantic dinner or a lovely style to save electric energy at home might end up in a stunning pleasure lighted by candles. But candles are a bit dangerous for carpets – especially when the wax spills all over it. This is not an ordinary stain you usually deal with – like organic food spots or chemical stains made of makeup, for instance. Still, there is a way for you to clean candle wax stains out of your carpet. And this is what we are going to teach you today!
The fastest way to remove candle wax stains from the carpet!
Here is the best approach you can make in order to remove that wax dirt on your brand new carpet or your favorite living room rug. Follow the instructions below, please:
- It’s very easy to remove wax stains out of a carpet. And guess what you will only need water! Indeed – ordinary water for such a stubborn carpet stain. Ok, a fridge is also required…
- The trick is to make some ice – whether as ice cubes or in a bag.
- Once you get the ice, apply it directly on the wax stain on the carpet.
- It will take less than 10 minutes for the ice to freeze the wax stain and to be able to remove it even with fingers. Still, we recommend you a knife!
Some more alternatives for wax stain removal from a carpet
If the ice-cube method does not work, you might be happy to know that there are other alternatives you can try. Check out some of them below and do not give up till your carpet is fully restored:
- Try to scrape off part of the wax with a knife. Then, apply dry detergent and let it act for few minutes. Vacuum off the carpet and it should be now perfectly clean. This idea is very suitable for delicate and natural rugs.
- The high temperature will melt away the wax. So instead of attacking the wax stain with ice, this time, we will try with burning! What you have to do is to place a sheet of paper on the stain and press the pre-heated iron. Make some moves back and forward and the wax will get out of the carpet and stick on the paper.
- Last, but not least, consider using professional carpet cleaning services if nothing from above works. It is possible when the spot is old!
In most cases the tricks we have explained work, but to be honest with you the best solution is always the prevention. So use holders for the candlesticks and make sure the wax does not spill all over your amazing rug! Besides, the floor can get hurt of it, as well, so be cautious and you will not have any wax stain problems or carpet damages!